Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oil Studies

These are a few portrait studies in oil from my portrait illustration class with Linda Warner. Even though these are some of my very first oil paintings, I'm enjoying the process. I think that I'm getting better at seeing color and I'm working faster as well. The anatomy on the second portrait is a bit off. I get so bored with the basic portrait, I need some kind of emotion or pose to keep me interested. It really does make my drawing and painting better. The last one was a quick study of Linda because our model didn't show up for class. The likeness is pretty close.
Two Hours
Two Hours
Forty Minutes

2 Comments:

Blogger TheDeafGuy said...

you're getting better dude. Can't wait til you do my portait...one in oil and another in your own style.

yes, still sick. Stomache Flu apparently, I think i may have gotten it from a bad banana or something. It started on Friday night as I went to bed...worsened on Saturday through Sunday, and had been annoying for the last couple days.

Tell Cliff, that if its not rumbling tomorrow morning, I'll be at the gym. If its' rumbling...well, ya know.

2:34 AM  
Blogger macworkerbee said...

Thanks for the compliment on the portraits. I think that I'm getting better at this painterly thing too, I wish that I could start using my pen and ink like old times more though.

Sorry to hear that you're still ill. Hopefullly you'll be better for Smallville tomorrow. I'll let Cliff know.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home