Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chuck Palahniuk Portrait

For my Portrait Illustration class we were assigned a 20th century author to create a black and white illustration of. The idea was to include some kind of concept but keep it subtle. I chose Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club, Survivor, Choke, and a few more books. I focused on his fame for Fight Club by making him look as if he had been in a fight.
This was a one hour study I did to get his features down.
Sketch 1
Sketch 2
Sketch 3

After my professor chose my first sketch, with a few adjustments, I decided to add a tattoo to his neck from the cover of his book Lullaby.

This is the pen and ink linework for the image. I finished the washes up and turned it in but I forgot to scan it to post. My professor gave me an A on it but hasn't returned the work yet, I'll post it when I get it back. I plan on digitally painting a colored version of this one for my portfolio because I need more celebrity likenesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home